The Visual Theatre Lab is a day for theatre-makers, performers, and participatory artists who work in visual theatre, or who are interested to integrate visual theatre practices into their work for young audiences.
Fri 21 April 2023, 10am-5pm
Cumbernauld Theatre at Lanternhouse
Free to attend, booking essential
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to book your place and share any access needs you may have.
An opportunity to go behind-the-scenes and explore different approaches to creating visual theatre for young audiences. The day will include excerpts of performances and works-in-progress, Q&As, interactive panel discussions, and practical activities.
Facilitated by Tenterhooks, the lab will include sessions about their productions MESS (for young audiences with complex additional support needs) and Are Ye Dancin’ (pop-up theatre for families).
– Tortoise in a Nutshell sharing techniques for creating scenes with puppets and objects.
– Craig McCulloch sharing work-in-progress for young deaf, hard of hearing, and hearing audiences.
– Petre Dobre sharing Visual Vernacular – visual storytelling.
– Kit Rodman-Orr sharing visual theatre practice in participatory sessions.
– Puppet Animation Scotland and Cumbernauld Theatre teams will speak about their approach to family programming, engagement projects and opportunities for artists and practitioners in North Lanarkshire and across Scotland.
The Visual Theatre Lab is open to professional creatives at all stages of their careers. They are particularly keen to welcome artists who live and/or work in North Lanarkshire.
The Visual Theatre Lab is delivered by Puppet Animation Scotland’s Captivate Programme in partnership with Cumbernauld Theatre.
For further information, please contact email@example.com (Diane Thornton) or visit https://puppetanimation.org/2023/03/29/-visual-theatre-lab