Cost to take part:
- GCAN Member (suggested) £10 + £1.37 booking fee
- GCAN Non-Member (suggested) £15 + £1.76 booking fee
- Under 25’s Free
Join GCAN on Thu 24 March 2022, 10am -12 noon, via Zoom if you are freelancer or sole trader looking to enhance your bookkeeping skills.
About this event:
Did you find it stressful to fill in your tax return this year? Come along to this workshop for sole traders and learn how to plan ahead now to avoid any hassle next time round.
Emily Coltman FCA, Chief Accountant at award-winning accounting software provider FreeAgent, will share her top tips for a great start to the new accounting year, including how to get your business’s books in order. This will help you to save time and reduce the stress of completing your tax return.
The workshop will cover:
- Income – when to issue invoices and how to help your customers pay you on time.
- Cash – how to master your cashflow and keep a close eye on your incomings and outgoings.
- Costs – which day-to-day running costs you could use to reduce your tax bill, plus how to record out-of-pocket expenses and the costs you pay from your business bank account.
You’ll also have the opportunity to ask Emily your questions during the Q&A session.
Emily Coltman FCA, chief accountant at FreeAgent, is a graduate of the University of Cambridge. She has been working with small businesses since 2000 and is passionate about helping their owners lose their fear of “the numbers” and the taxman. She is the author of three e-books: Refreshingly Simple Finance for Small Business, Micro Multinationals and Very Awkward Tax.