Aberdeen Performing Arts have an exciting opportunity for a hard-working and enthusiastic individual to be involved in delivering Light the Blue, Aberdeen’s multi-artform festival celebrating the creativity of young people.
As the Festival Assistant, over four weeks, you will experience a variety of tasks, including assisting with event management, artist liaison, accommodation and travel arranging, marketing and promotion, research and general administration and organisation for the festival. You will work with experienced staff to learn and assist in all things Light the Blue.
This paid internship will run from 22 May – 18 June 2023, working two days per week in the first two weeks and five days per week for the final two weeks, so candidates must be available to work during these dates.
This role would be ideal for someone who is passionate about the arts and interested in developing their skills in festival and event management. Due to the nature of the festival, they are particularly interested in hearing from early career candidates who are looking to take the next step in their journey to working in the arts/events/festivals.
• have some experience of working in an arts context or participating in creative activity
• have a desire to (if you don’t already) have a career in the arts industry
• be confident, adaptable and keen to learn in a practical environment
• be an excellent communicator, with good IT skills (e.g. Microsoft Office/365 or equivalent) and some administrative skills/experience
• have experience assisting with live events and/or working in a producing capacity (this is not essential).
For more information about Aberdeen Performing Arts, and to apply online with your cover letter and CV, visit https://www.aberdeenperformingarts.com/work-with-us/. Alternatively, send us your CV and covering letter (in a format which is most comfortable to you) which tells us:
• what interests you about the role and the festival
• what makes you perfect for the role
• what you would like to learn from the role
• your availability over the project dates and where you are based.
to email@example.com. If applying by email, please also complete their online Diversity and Inclusion monitoring form. You may submit your cover letter by video or audio file via WeTransfer.
Closing date for applications: Thu 4 May 2023
Interviews: Tue 9 May 2023, in Aberdeen (there may be some flexibility where required).
To arrange an informal chat about the role or discuss submitting your application in an alternative way, contact Jordan Blackwood: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information, please contact email@example.com, call 01224 641122 or visit https://www.aberdeenperformingarts.com/work-with-us/