At the Root Theatre are looking to contract workshop leaders to work with them on the delivery of projects on a project-by-project basis. This advert is to add facilitators to the bank.
At the Root Theatre is a theatre company based in West Lothian working with children, young people and adults. They believe in creating spaces that amplify and empower the voices of different communities, people and places through drama, music and film.
Purpose of the Role
To lead on the delivery of projects including school and community projects.
– Facilitate drama workshops in their school and outreach programme in West Lothian, East Lothian and Midlothian.
– Demonstrate a key understanding and ability to communicate a variety of artistic methods.
– Ensure that the project allows participants to develop their creative and social skills while being tailored to suit their needs.
– Work with the Creative Director to plan and deliver the sessions each week to ensure the smooth running of the project.
Qualifications and Experience Required
– Degree (or equivalent professional experience) in the arts
– Experience working with young people and children (14-18)
– First Aid trained
– Holds a PVG through Disclosure Scotland
Essential Skills and Abilities
– Able to demonstrate experience of delivering high quality engaged arts projects
– Excellent communication skills
– Demonstrate a strong commitment to their practice that will inspire young people
– Excellent interpersonal, organisational and planning skills
– An ability to deliver activities and workshops for groups of varying needs
– An ability to develop good working relationships with organisations, project partners, funders and other staff
Hours and Payment
Project Workers are paid £25 per hour for workshop delivery.
Workshops are ran across the Lothians.
To add a note of interest, email email@example.com with a CV.