Beacon Youth Theatre Assistant Artist role is responsible for supporting and assisting with the effective delivery of Beacon Arts Centre’s Youth Theatre programme.
The Beacon Youth Theatre offers classes and workshops to children and young people from all backgrounds and abilities between the ages of 5 and 21. In addition to regular classes, Youth Theatre
members also have the opportunity to work with visiting artists, build relationships with other drama groups and trainers, participate in local and national festivals and perform in shows and sharings in their theatre spaces.
• Assist with the delivery of weekly Beacon Youth Theatre sessions
• Welcome and encourage participation in workshops including all and any exercises and games
• Support the participants of the groups creatively and pastorally
• Work closely and communicate with the Lead Artist on how best to support the participants, including collaborating on the creation of weekly session plans
• Collaborate with the Lead Artist on the creation of workshops that embrace equalities, diversity and inclusion, ensuring appropriateness for age, abilities, venue and any current restrictions
• Assist the Lead Artist to maintain documents detailing requirements re: attendance times, term dates, rehearsal schedules and timetables and costumes and props for shows and sharings
• Support the Lead Artist and the Creative Engagement Team in monitoring and evaluating youth theatre activities
• Meet and greet youth theatre members on arrival and ensure their safe return to Parents/Guardians
• Attend training as required
• Be a positive role model for the participants
• Communicate any specific needs of participants to the Lead Artist or Creative Engagement Officer as appropriate
This list of responsibilities is not exhaustive and is subject to change as the organisational and department needs develop. Therefore, the post holder may be required to perform duties outwith those listed above as operationally required, but within the reasonable scope of this role.
• Read, understand and abide by all Beacon Arts Centre policies relating to Beacon Youth Theatre
• Carry out any other duties that may be reasonably requested by the line manager
• Complete weekly session reports required after each individual/unique session and any other necessary paperwork
• Be sensitive and appropriate in the processing of confidential data following Beacon Arts Centre’s GDPR policy
Salary: Freelance day rate – £110/day
For further information, please contact email@example.com, call 01475 723723 or visit https://www.beaconartscentre.co.uk/about-the-beacon/work-with-us/