A development opportunity with Beacon Arts Centre, giving valuable practical production experience as Assistant Director on this year’s pantomime, Beauty and the Beast.
They will be required to support and assist the Director throughout the process and main duties include, but are not limited to the following:
– Assisting with the ensemble open auditions
– Attend pre-production and production meetings
– Feeding into the rehearsal plan preparation and keeping track of the schedule during rehearsals
– Liaising with the production and creative teams on behalf of the Director when necessary
– Overseeing rehearsals where required, adhering to the overall vision of the show and supporting the development of any new skills needed to deliver the show
– Conducting understudy rehearsals, which will be plotted into the rehearsal schedule and also during the first week of performances
– Communicating any issues that arise
– Attending at least one performance every 10 days and report to the company as appropriate
– Being available for advise until the end of the run, including reading and responding to show reports when required
– Any other responsibilities reasonably expected of the Assistant Director
They are offering this role as a development opportunity designed to give valuable practical production experience, as well as the opportunity for career and wider industry insight and one-to-ones supported by the Director. There will also be an opportunity to engage with other members of the Creative and Venue team.
If you would like to apply for this position, please send a CV of your work and a covering letter (750 word max) to firstname.lastname@example.org. The letter must include why you are suitable for the role and how the position will contribute to your professional development. Additionally, as they would like to be able to offer more support to emerging artists, they would also be interested to know how you envisage this opportunity will benefit other industry professionals and organisations in the future, although this will not be part of the application assessment.
If you require a reasonable adjustment and prefer to apply in an alternative format, please email email@example.com and they will be pleased to discuss.
You must be available for the following dates:
20 November – 18 December 2023
Main rehearsal full weeks
Understudy rehearsal week commencing 11 December 2023
Fee: £474.44 per week
Hours: 43 hours per week
Location: Glasgow and Beacon Arts Centre, Greenock
For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, call 01475 723723 or visit https://www.beaconartscentre.co.uk/about-the-beacon/work-with-us/