Do you have an idea you’re itching to test out? Capital Theatres are looking for four artists or companies to take part in Open Floor, the new scratch night at The Studio in Edinburgh on Fri 14 April.
Open Floor is an opportunity to get an idea up on its feet in front of an audience and see what does and doesn’t work. It’s about testing, experimenting and getting feedback that can help you take your idea forward in the future.
They’re keeping this quick and dirty so think low tech – basic lighting states, a few sound cues, nothing too complicated – and light touch when it comes to set.
Here’s what they can offer:
– A slot to perform 10-15 mins of material
– £200 for performing plus 20% of the box office on the night
– A feedback session with Claire Swanson, Head of Creative Engagement at Capital Theatres
Here are the dates:
Closing date: Wed 22 March 2023
Decisions shared: Mon 27 March 2023
Performance date: Fri 14 April 2023
– You must be based in Scotland
– You must have worked on at least one professional production previously. This can include Fringe performances but not university productions or amateur dramatics.
– You must not be in receipt of RFO funding from Creative Scotland.
– You must be available to tech during the day and perform on the night of Friday 14 April
– You must be applying for a new project that has not already been commissioned, produced or coproduced, or staged by another organisation
For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org (Claire Swanson) or visit https://www.capitaltheatres.com/take-part/openatthestudio