Capital Theatres are offering three R&D residencies at The Studio this autumn as part of Open@TheStudio including five days of space, two days of technical support and £2,000 seed funding.
Do you have an idea you want to explore?
Capital Theatres are offering three R&D residencies to support Scottish theatremakers to test out new ideas at The Studio in Edinburgh this autumn.
They don’t expect you to hold a sharing at the end of the week (though you can if you want to) and they aren’t promising to programme the work in the future. Instead, it’s a genuine offer for you to experiment, explore and get an idea up on its feet.
They’re excited by ideas that have something to say about contemporary Scotland, new musicals, devised work, family work, and total theatre stuff with big heart and low tech. They’re less interested in script development, adaptations or remounts of existing texts, abstract academics and magic shows.
Here’s what they can offer:
– Five days of rehearsal space in The Studio, Edinburgh
– Two days of technical support if you need it
– £2000 in seed funding
– A session with our Head of Creative Engagement to talk about your idea and how it might develop in the future
Here are the dates they have available:
Mon 25 – Fri 29 September 2023
Mon 23 – Fri 27 October 2023
Mon 6 – Fri 10 November 2023
– You must be based in Scotland
– You must have worked on at least one professional production previously. This can include Fringe performances but not university productions or amateur dramatics.
– You must be available during your selected residency period
– You must be applying for a new project that has not already been commissioned, produced or coproduced, or staged by another organisation
– You must not be in receipt of RFO funding from Creative Scotland.
They will be ringfencing one of these residencies for someone based in Edinburgh and the Lothians. They’ll also be aiming to support theatremakers at different stages in their career so are interested in applications from both new and more experienced applicants.
Find out more and apply here: https://www.capitaltheatres.com/take-part/openatthestudio
For further information, please contact email@example.com (Claire Swanson) or visit https://www.capitaltheatres.com/take-part/openatthestudio