The Household Hardship Fund is a £1 million fund provided by The National Lottery Community Fund and administered by Corra Foundation.
- The purpose of the Household Hardship Fund is to provide small grants to charities and community groups across Scotland who can pass the funding on directly to families and individuals on low incomes.
- Groups can apply for up to £5000 to provide families and individuals with cash or vouchers to meet pressing needs such as food, fuel, household items or clothing.
- All funds must be passed on to families and individuals by 30 June 2023.
- Please only apply for the amount of money that you are confident you can distribute by 30 June 2023. The minimum your group can apply for is £500.
The Fund aims to reach groups who:
- Have strong local relationships with people in the community.
- Are already supporting people in their communities on low incomes.
- Have an annual income of less than £100,000, not including any COVID emergency grants your organisation received.
They encourage you to apply as soon as possible, decisions will be made as applications are received. This fund will close when enough applications have been received to fully use the money available. This is likely to happen quite quickly as demand is expected to be high.