Cutting Edge Theatre are looking for a Drama Assistant to work with disabled children aged 8 -12. They run weekly classes on Fridays, 2.30pm – 3.30pm. Rate of pay is £15ph.
They are looking for a dynamic, fun-loving individual who will work with their Drama Tutor and Assistant to deliver one hour drama classes for disabled children in Edinburgh aged 8 – 12. Previous experience of working with children necessary. Previous experience of working with disabled people an advantage but not a requirement. Please note, some of the children are non-verbal.
BSL – whilst they do not fully use BSL, they are working towards becoming a BSL user friendly company, so any applicants who use BSL are very welcome.
Other duties include:
– Agreeing and liaising with the Artistic Director about relevant skills development within these groups
– To be involved in conversations with the wider team about students development
– Liaising with parents and carers of the participants as required
– Attend planning meetings to discuss participants, new ideas, accreditation, showcase and recruitment.
– Work towards a performative output with the students where applicable. However, we do not work towards performances with this age group.
– To be part of the planning and delivery of classes if required
– To attend any relevant training that will support your role as Assistant