Falkirk Youth Theatre are seeking to engage an experienced costume designer and maker to work on the production of The Addams Family Jr being staged in Grangemouth Town Hall in June 2023.
This is a freelance position for someone with proven experience and passion for working in Youth Theatre, and the ability to costume a main stage production whilst developing the skills and confidence of young people.
The post holder will be responsible for the design and make of costume for the production including:
• Monitoring of the costume budget, ensuring that the terms of the contract are fulfilled within agreed budgets and providing regular financial updates.
• Ensuring regular communication with the Director and Producer and attending production meetings as required.
• Responsibility for making the costumes for the cast including design, measuring, fitting and adjustments. Hires of costumes should be kept to a minimum and agreed in advance with the Producer. They have a wardrobe store and items should initially be sought from there prior to purchasing new materials.
• Maintaining the costumes during show week including any minor repairs/alterations.
• Attendance at minimum of two rehearsals for measuring/fitting and attendance at all performances (suitable dates to be arranged with Producer)
• Creating a positive working environment of mutual respect for all parties
Attendance at rehearsals for measure and fit – two sessions of two hours.
SHOW WEEK IN GRANGEMOUTH TOWN HALL
Tue 13 June – Tech – 6pm-9pm
Wed 14 June – Dress – 6pm-9pm
Thu 15 June – Dress – 6pm-9pm
Fri 16 June – Show 1 – 6.30pm – 9pm
Sat 17 June – Show 2 (12 noon – 3pm) / Show 3 (6pm – 9pm)
You will be required to attend two rehearsals for measuring/fitting etc as required. You must attend the technical and dress rehearsals and all performances. All other making/sourcing can be done outwith these times.
Applicants should have:
• Proven experience in costume design and make for large scale theatre productions
• ability to work individually and as part of a team
• ability to prioritise and work to strict deadlines
• a genuine interest and passion for the role of Youth Theatre
• Full clean driving license preferred
To be considered for this position, please send:
• An up to date CV
• A letter of interest summarising your experience and interest in the position
• Details of two referees by 5pm, Thu 9 March 2023