Through the internship you will work with CatStrand to research, programme, promote and stage a new Arts strand aimed at young adults in Dumfries & Galloway, to be included in the main CatStrand Arts Programme and the CatStrand Young Creatives programme. This could include gigs, film, workshops and creative sessions. They’re open to ideas – they want to work with you to develop creative events and opportunities that are genuinely exciting for young adults. Alongside this programme creation and delivery, you will get practical experience in running an arts programme in a small venue. Rewarding work that will leave you well placed to work in other venues and grow your career in Arts Management.
They are we looking for:
• a recent graduate, or a school / college leaver with a demonstrable interest in developing a career in the arts.
• they’re keen to hear from people who have a strong idea of the events they would like to see happen at the CatStrand in 2022 and is excited to be part of our team.
• You should be aged 18-25, based in Dumfries and Galloway or able to move.
• You should be able to travel to and from the CatStrand under your own steam.
• You should be computer literate, and both able to work as part of a team and under your own initiative.
• You will be willing to register on the PVG scheme for work with children and young people.
They aim to employ someone who will benefit from the experience.
Terms & Remuneration
The post is for six months and is paid at £9.90/hr for a 30 hour week. (average £1287 per month)
For further information, please contact email@example.com (Cat Campbell), call 01644 420374 or visit https://gcat.scot/visual-arts-live-events-and-creative-learning-internship/