Cat Meighan and Hector MacInnes from the Highland Culture Collective are seeking practitioners from a range of creative, arts, teaching and community backgrounds to join a 1.5-day working group on 30 May – 1 June 2023 exploring the following themes:
– creative practice
– social engagement
– rurality, remoteness and the north
– ethics and participation
– practicing after the pandemic
Across an evening, a morning and an afternoon at the Old Brewery in Cromarty, and potentially hybrid if demand allows, the practitioners will be invited to present and/or creatively respond to, short provocations or questions on one of the above themes.
Partly creative professional development, partly a call for collective action, this session will include moments of reflection, activity, discussion, working and listening together.
1. Through this extended working group session, a collective learning and sharing will take place around approaches to collaborative practice, and how we might collectively influence positive change.
2. At the end of the working group, the provocations and questions, and the discussions and creative responses they elicit, will be collated into a zine to be sent to participants and distributed to individuals, organisations, zine libraries, bus stops, wherever else wants one, across the Highlands.
In line with Scottish Artists Union rates we can offer the following remuneration:
– For freelancers, or professional practitioners not participating as part of salaried work, a fee of £504 + travel expenses will be offered.
– For students and recent graduates (up to three years ago) a fee of £315 + travel expenses will be offered.
– We welcome applications from prospective participants who are able to offer their time through salaried or funded work and projects, as this will allow us to offer more places overall. If you feel this might be you, you can let us know in the questions below.
Accommodation and catering for all will be provided on site.
Participants will arrive by 5pm, Tue 30 May and will leave on the morning of Thu 1 June. A detailed schedule will be provided closer to the time.
Full call-out can be read here: https://tinyurl.com/ywujh9p4
Application form here: https://forms.gle/icL6HE3di5wnueMb8 (please read the callout sheet first)