Imaginate is pleased to be bringing Family Encounters back to the National Museum of Scotland on 27 May 2023. They are inviting proposals from artists based in Scotland who would like to present a pre-existing piece of theatre or dance for children and their families within the building.
Family Encounters is an excellent opportunity to be part of the Children’s Festival. In the past, they’ve seen a wide range of performances take place throughout the day including walkabout characters, pop-up, one to one and durational performances as well as interactive installations.
Selected companies and artists will receive:
– A fee of £340 per person plus travel expenses (within Scotland), and up to £75 for materials per project.
– Production consultation and support, including dedicated meetings to cover risk assessments and technical requirements
– Support and a separate budget to cover any costs associated with your access needs (they use access riders for all creatives involved in their projects)
– Technical support on 27 May 2022
– Professional photographs and film footage taken at Family Encounters for use in your own marketing and future promotion.
If you would like to chat ahead of submitting an application, please contact Fiona Ferguson, Creative Development Director. They can provide a BSL interpreter or captions for that conversation. If there are barriers to you applying, then please get in touch with Isy Sharman. We can also fund the cost of a support worker if that would help you in submitting an application.
Deadline: Sun 22 January 2023, 5pm
How to apply: Download and read the full guidelines and complete the application form by 5pm, Sun 22 January 2023. Please also complete their Equalities, Diversity and Inclusion Form.
For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit https://www.imaginate.org.uk/artists/opportunities/festival-family-encounters-programme-call-out