Moniack Mhòr Creative Writers’ Centre are seeking 10 young people (with lived care experience) from all over Scotland, to help shape the fantastic new Creativity and Care project.
As a group member you will be able to suggest ideas for workshops, take part in Creativity and Care activities, and get together socially with other young people who are part of the programme if you wish to. Ideas for projects and workshops can be absolutely anything creative. For example, you might be interested in poetry, pottery, songwriting, or woodworking. Anything goes!
Lead by Moniack Mhòr in partnership with the Calman Trust, the Abriachan Forest Trust and the Articulate Cultural Trust, the Creativity and Care programme offers creative and other development opportunities for young care experienced people in Scotland, aged 14 – 30 years old.
Join the Project as an Advisor
They are seeking an Advisory Group of about 10 young people from all over Scotland. Group members will lead the Creativity and Care project.
This central group will help to design taster activities alongside Moniack Mhòr and partners, work to create a programme that allows young people to develop their creative interests.
You can choose whether you would like to work as part of the group, or on a one-to-one basis. You will be paid £12.50 per hour (or vouchers to the equivalent, if preferred), plus expenses.
What qualities do I need to be an advisor?
You should be:
- Aged 14 – 30 years old with care experience
- Passionate about giving young people with care experience a voice
- Willing to help out with decision making, either as a group or on a one-to-one basis
- Respectful of other people’s confidentiality and rights
- You should have an interest in all things creative!
If you’d like to give it a go, there are lots of ways to apply. Here are some ideas:
- Pop them an email to let them know you’re interested
- Give them a call (contact details below)
- Fill in an application form (email/call them to ask for a form)
- Zoom chat (email/call them to ask)
Phone: 07510 475340
For full details, visit: https://www.moniackmhor.org.uk/creativity-and-care/