Support, develop and empower youth in the North Edinburgh community to aid in fostering a sense of belonging, which will translate itself into a project showcased during the festival.
You will work closely within the community – residents, families, organisations and youth groups to help bring about a positive change within North Edinburgh.
The list below outlines the principal duties and tasks related to this role. This list is not intended to cover every responsibility, as by the nature of this role, the Community Youth Engagement Coordinator will be expected to take ownership of the areas of accountability below and to develop them in line with the needs of the Festival.
• Identify new community youth engagement initiatives and support the existing ones such as the Parade
• Implement a Community Youth Engagement plan and work towards this presenting itself at the festival, for the benefit of the festival and community
• Provide a support service to local organisations and community groups to further extend the Festival’s reach
• Work closely with the Festival Director ensure maximum community benefit and capacity strengthening is delivered
• Attend community youth meetings and events on behalf of the Festival to listen and engage in conversations about local youth issues and update them on the Festival’s activities
• Attend and engage with the Festivals Youth Committee
• Build close links with the local organisations and young people
• The successful candidate will be an energetic and enthusiastic individual with a commitment to community youth engagement
• You will need to have the right blend and balance of people skills with excellent communication and project management abilities
Skills, Knowledge and Expertise
• Demonstrable experience in delivery of successful engagement plans for youth in disadvantaged marginalised communities
• Ability to engage and communicate with residents, families, organisations and young people
• Ability to quickly understand the communities in which the business is working, and adapting accordingly
• Strong experience in making connections and working with grass roots organisations
• Ability to work successfully as part of a team and also independently
• Desirable but not necessary – experience of supporting hard to reach youth in North Edinburgh
40 days over the course of 14 weeks (hours may vary from week to week) – Fee is £4000
To apply send your CV and a covering letter stating why you are suitable for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org