37.5 hours per week, one year contract • Salary £21,450 per annum
PACE Theatre Company are seeking to recruit a theatre technician to play a key role in a small, busy technical department. This role will suit a self-motivated and enthusiastic person with a passion for creating excellence and working in a fast-paced and varied environment.
The main objective of the role is:
• to assist the Production Manager to ensure the efficient running of the technical side of the venue and to provide a safe, tidy and welcoming, working environment within the building for all in-house and visiting company staff
• To provide technical facilities/support for events throughout the Art Department venue
• To assist in contacting visiting companies, ensuring their technical, stage and staffing requirements are met on as high a professional standard as possible.
• To welcome visiting companies, assisting with all Get-ins, technical duties – (rigging, focusing, plotting etc), basic stage work, operating lighting, sound or AV when required and assisting with Get-outs.
• Along with the Production Manager, coordinate calls, get-ins, fit-ups, get-outs, technical rehearsals for in-house events and productions
• Attend production and lighting & sound meetings with the Director and Designers for in-house productions when required.
• To design, programme and operate theatre lighting, sound and other theatrical equipment for events and performances
• To be responsible for assisting in the hiring and /or borrowing of necessary technical equipment for both visiting and in-house productions and for its safe and prompt return
• Maintain the cleanliness of the theatre, storage spaces and backstage facilities regularly, delegating to casual staff as required
• Ensure the any technical equipment is well-maintained, serviced and fit for purpose, making recommendations when necessary
• Line manage occasional casual staff as required, ensuring they receive training and an induction appropriate to their role and assist trainee and apprentice technical staff
• Work with the Production Manager and Operations Manager to ensure health & safety procedures, risk assessments and safe working practices are adequate and adhered to