Transitions is a funded programme that is run by the Fair Access Department at the Royal Conservatoire of Scotland. Applications are open now for 2024-25.
Transitions is an award-winning performing and production arts initiative. They believe that everyone with talent and potential should have access to training at the Royal Conservatoire of Scotland regardless of their background.
They understand that for many people who want to pursue a career in the performing and production arts, finding and funding suitable training activities and courses can be challenging.
The Transitions initiative aims to provide funded training for those wishing to study the performing or production arts. They seek to help people who would like to study:
– music teaching
To be eligible you must meet the following criteria:
– you are 16+ if interested in either drama, film or production
– you are 7+ if interested in music or ballet
– you have not completed a higher education programme
And are one or more of the following:
– you live in an SIMD1 postcode
– or you are a care experienced and/or an estranged young person
Or are living in an SIMD1 or SIMD2 postcode and:
– living rurally
– Black, Indigenous, People of Colour (BIPOC)
– a young carer
If you would like us to check your postcode, or have any other questions, please contact the team at email@example.com or visit https://portal.rcs.ac.uk/transitions/