The Scottish Government are seeking up to five new members for the Creative Scotland Board. They particularly welcome applications that will increase the diversity of the Board.
Creative Scotland is the public body that supports culture and creativity in Scotland. It supports a Scotland where creative activity is vibrant, valued and experienced by everyone inclusively. It is here to enable creative people, communities, places and activity to thrive. It distributes funding from the Scottish Government and the National Lottery with an annual budget in the region of £100m and a staff team of around 130 people.
They particularly welcome applications from women, LGBT+ people, young people (under 50), disabled people, those from minority ethnic communities and people with a range of socio-economic backgrounds.
Applicants will wish to be aware that for the board member roles to Creative Scotland they are operating a guaranteed interview scheme for disabled applicants. For further information, please see the applicant information pack.
Successful applicants must be able to demonstrate the following:
You must be able to demonstrate evidence of one of:
– experience of financial scrutiny and risk management, with an understanding of public sector budgeting and financial management;
– experience of the screen sector, with an understanding of the strategic opportunities and barriers to growth;
– experience in a creative sector other than screen, with an understanding of the opportunities and barriers to growth
General Essential Criteria
You must be able to demonstrate all of:
– enthusiastic and passionate about the cultural and creative sector in Scotland;
– constructive and supportive challenge;
– communicating effectively.
Remuneration and Time Commitment
Remuneration is £218 per day for a time commitment of one day per month. Reasonable expenses incurred will be reimbursed. The appointments are non-pensionable.
Return the completed application form to PA_Applications_Mailbox@gov.scot by
5pm, Mon 24 April 2023.
For further information, please contact PA_Applications_Mailbox@gov.scot or visit https://pa-scottishgovernment.icims.com/jobs/5837/appointment-of-up-to-five-members-to-creative-scotland/job