A Participation Manager with experience of working with young people and refugee communities, to be responsible for organising and delivering a Participation Programme for separated young people.
Fixed Term Contract: March 2024 – 31 May 2026
Hours: Two days a week, with the potential to extend to three days a week (funding dependent)
Fee: £30,000 a year (pro-rata) or freelance if preferred
The Participation Manager is responsible for organising the Standing Tall Scotland’s Participation Programme for unaccompanied minors seeking asylum in Scotland, ensuring the programme of activities reflects the needs of the young people. The aim is to build a community so the young people feel a sense of belonging. The Participation Manager must make sure the young people feel safe and able to express themselves freely.
Design, plan and implement the Participation Programme:
• Coordinate fortnightly Group Night with guest artists and management at Scottish Guardianship Service.
• Select artists to ensure high quality workshops for young people.
• Plan and co-design annual residential trips with young people and partner organisations.
• Manage the Standing Tall event at Refugee Festival Scotland, co- designed with young people and staff from Scottish Refugee Council.
• To create a safe environment where young people can engage with their peers in range of shared arts and cultural activities to increase their physical, mental, and emotional well-being.
• Expand the social circle of young people so they can develop friends and the foundations of friendships outside of the project environment.
• Learn from the young people about delivering the project, co-designing with them and giving space for their voices to be heard.
Finance and Administration
• Responsible for fundraising and reporting, with support from the Board when necessary.
• Report and document activity, including gathering information from young people in creative forms for annual evaluation.
• Responsible for budget, managing and monitoring spending for the organisation.
• Attend Management meetings with Scottish Guardianship Service and Scottish Refugee Council, to ensure Standing Tall Scotland’s programme of activity aligns with the wider aims of our partner organisations.
• Report all activity and spending to the Standing Tall Scotland board at quarterly board meetings.
• Responsible for staff equipment: laptop, phone, projector, company debit card money box and petty cash.
• With the support of the Board prepare the information for the end of year accounts.
For a full job description and application details please email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit https://standingtall.scot/