Strange Town is seeking to appoint a Fundraiser who will have overall responsibility for trusts, foundations and grant fundraising for their work providing theatre/arts opportunities for young people.
Established in 2008, Strange Town is a company that uses theatre and the arts as a creative catalyst to nurture talent and increase access to opportunities in the arts for children and young people based in Edinburgh
Job Title: Fundraiser
Reporting to: General Manager
Terms of employment: Freelance contract for 6 months initially with aim to extend if funding allows
Salary: £250/day (negotiable dependant on experience)
Hours of work: Two days per week *
Location: Out of the Blue, 36 Dalmeny St, Edinburgh EH6 8RG/ work from home hybrid *
* to support flexibility and in recognition that the work load may ebb and flow we are open to discussions with the right candidate to agree a working pattern that suits both the candidate and the organisation in terms of hours worked and location
Notice period: 1 month
References: Appointment to the post will be conditional upon receipt of satisfactory references, please provide contact details for two referees in your application.
Key tasks and responsibilities
• Research to identify prospective funders to support Strange Town’s programme of work
• Maintain awareness of upcoming projects and strategic aims to proactively identify funding opportunities
• Maintain good relationships with existing funders
• Write and submit funding applications
• Update Strange Town’s Case for Support
• Work with General Manager to produce funding reports on existing grants
• Work with General Manager to manage project evaluations
How to Apply
Please email your CV and cover letter outlining why you are suitable for this position to Jessica Chalmers, General Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm Tuesday 6th February 2024.
If you would like to discuss your application informally, please contact email@example.com.
Please also include:
– the names and email addresses of two referees.
– a completed Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form (optional)
Application deadline: 5pm, Tue 6 February 2024
Interviews: w/c 12 February 2024 (please let us know if there are any dates/times during this week you are not available)
Anticipated outcome: by Fri 23 February 2024 (start date to be agreed)