The Traverse are looking for a creative & motivated Producing Assistant to join their Creative Engagement team & to support the Creative Producer – Class Act in the admin & delivery of Class Act on Tour.
About Class Act on Tour:
Class Act gives young people the tools to craft their own stories, in their own words. Creating live & digital performances in collaboration with the finest theatre makers in Scotland today, to create brand new, riotously funny & achingly poignant work that inspires and entertains us all.
For over 30 years, the Traverse has been delivering Class Act in Edinburgh – alongside a few stops around the globe, including in Ukraine and India, connecting thousands of young people to the arts. Now they’re ready to hit the road once more with Class Act on Tour. Over the next two years they’ll be touring across Scotland, taking residence in regional hubs to support young people nationwide to tell their stories.
Typical duties will include:
• Support the Creative Producer in all aspects of producing the Traverse Theatre’s Class Act on Tour (CAOT) project.
• Support the drafting, negotiating & issuing of contracts for actors & creative teams as required.
• Creation of contact sheets, project/production schedules & other admin tasks.
• Support in administering and monitoring the Class Act budget.
• Manage travel & accommodation for Class Act creative teams, & for the Traverse team, as required.
• Assist with Tax Credits for the Traverse Theatre Class Act productions, led by the Head of Finance & Operations.
The ideal candidate must be able to demonstrate their experience in dealing efficiently & effectively with administration tasks and supporting the production of creative work. You should also be a highly organised multi-tasker with the ability to prioritise effectively. Add to this an energetic and creative approach with a passion for promoting equality, diversity and inclusion and they’d love to hear from you.
This is a temporary position for 24 months, working three days per week. Some evening work will be required. Travel nationally will also be required. A probationary period of six months is applicable to this post. Annual leave entitlement will be calculated pro rata, based on a full-time entitlement of 20 days per annum plus 12 public holidays as designated by the Traverse. Salary is £21,000 per annum FTE (£12,600 per annum pro-rata). The Traverse operates an auto-enrolment pension scheme with matched contributions of 4%.
To apply please download the application pack from their website https://www.traverse.co.uk/jobs. This is a part-time, fixed term post funded by Paul Hamlyn Foundation. For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit https://www.traverse.co.uk/jobs