Traverse Theatre are currently looking for a creative & motivated Creative Producer to be a key member of their Creative Engagement team and to oversee delivery of Class Act, the Traverse’s flagship school project.
Class Act gives young people the tools to craft their own stories, in their own words. Creating live & digital performances in collaboration with the finest theatre makers in Scotland today, to create brand new, riotously funny & achingly poignant work that inspires & entertains us all.
For over 30 years, the Traverse has been delivering Class Act in Edinburgh – alongside a few stops around the globe, including in Ukraine and India, connecting thousands of young people to the arts. Now they’re ready to hit the road once more with Class Act on Tour. Over the next two years they’ll be touring across Scotland, taking residence in regional hubs to support young people nationwide to tell their stories.
Typical duties include:
• Project manage & oversee all aspects of producing the Traverse Theatre’s Class Act on Tour (CAOT) project, across 2022-2024.
• Provide creative leadership for the project and steer the Co-Creation Team; enlisting, liaising and collaborating with all partner venues, organisations and schools.
• Ensure efficient running of the Class Act Co-Creation Team, including chairing regular meetings & delivering project updates to all stakeholders.
• Act as Safeguarding lead for the CAOT project and carry out Disclosure checks for the project team.
• Lead on the Continuing Professional Development strand of the CAOT project, overseeing and delivering training for freelance creatives to maximise the legacy and impact of CAOT.
The ideal candidate must be able to demonstrate their experience in working with young people and communities; co-creating projects and producing creative work. You should also be a highly organised multi-tasker with the ability to prioritise effectively and efficiently oversee & manage the completion of administrative tasks. Add to this an energetic & creative approach with a passion for promoting equality, diversity & inclusion and they would love to hear from you.
This is a temporary position for 24 months, working three days per week. Some evening work & travel nationally will be required. Pro rata annual leave is equivalent to full-time entitlement of 32 days per annum including 12 public holidays. Salary is £30,000 per annum FTE (£18,000 per annum pro-rata). The Traverse operates an auto-enrolment pension scheme with matched contributions of 4%.
For further information, please contact email@example.com or visit https://www.traverse.co.uk/jobs. This is a part-time, fixed term post funded by Paul Hamlyn Foundation.