Strange Town are looking for freelance drama facilitators to lead one or more of our new youth classes in theatre and film running April – June 2022 in Edinburgh. Strange Town offers opportunities in the performing arts to young people aged 5 to 25 in Edinburgh.
As a company, the aim at Strange Town is to enable young people to fulfil their creative potential. Whatever your background or experience, they believe everyone has creative and artistic abilities. They help young people to recognise and develop these abilities through peer and professional encouragement, participation and example.
These leaders will take responsibility for the planning and delivery of weekly workshops across a term in either theatre or film. They will be responsible for:
– Developing participants’ drama skills
– Encouraging confidence and participation
– Ensuring the welfare of all participants
– Creating a safe, fun environment for learning
They are looking to launch three new classes on Friday afternoons at the Broughton St Mary’s Church on Bellevue Crescent, Edinburgh:
– A 5-7s Introductory Drama Class: a gentle introduction to the world of drama, with a focus on games and skills. This class would run from 1.30-2.30pm for one hour.
– An 8-12s Drama Skills Class: a chance for those new to drama to settle in or with an interest in developing drama skills in addition to acting, such as writing, costume and technical design, without the pressure of end-of-term performances. This class will run from 2.45-4.15pm for one hour and a half.
– A 12-18s Film Class: a class focused on all aspects of screen work, including acting for screen, editing and filming your own short films on handheld devices, and writing screenplays. This class will run from 4.30-6.30pm for two hours.
Please email a CV detailing your relevant experience with references and a short introduction about yourself to James Beagon at email@example.com using the title Freelance Workshop Leader. When applying, please indicate whether you wish to be considered for all the classes or specify the class you are most interested in.
Rate: £25 per hour
Contract: Fridays, eight weeks, 29 April – 17 June 2022
Hours: Dependent on class
Interview Dates: Mon 14/Tue 15 March 2022
– Experience leading or assisting in a youth theatre/film environment
– Experience of working with young people
– Member of PVG Scheme
– Varied creative experience both on-and-offstage and/or on-and off-camera