Youth Theatre Arts Scotland (YTAS) is establishing a new Sector Recovery Working Group as the country transitions out of lockdown.
The Working Group will work together to identify what is needed by youth theatres across Scotland to deliver activities in-line with Government guidelines. It will also consider how youth theatre can best support children, young people, professionals and volunteers in the months ahead, and what approaches and opportunities should be considered.
Some of the areas we’ll need to discuss will include:
- Venues: Safe and appropriate buildings and spaces, for the ‘required’ physical distancing and sanitation.
- Staff training: Staff training, support and development.
- Youth theatre activity: Guidance on the safe delivery of workshops, rehearsals and performances for staff and participants.
- Youth theatre events: Guidance on the safe delivery of youth theatre events and performances for friends, family and public.
- Sustainability: Considerations needed for youth theatres ongoing sustainability.
- Partnerships: Identifying opportunities and partners (local and national) that youth theatres could learn or benefit from.
Meetings currently take place on a fortnightly basis on Tuesdays at 10am. The Group is open to anyone with a vested interest in youth theatre and a collaborative approach to the sector’s recovery. It is also appropriate for furloughed staff, at the discretion of individuals and their employers, as it requires voluntary involvement in a new charitable objective and offers training benefits through peer support and collaboration.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions, and to get the Zoom link and password if you’d like to get involved. We look forward to seeing you and hearing your contribution to our discussions.