Dumfries & Galloway Arts Festival supports regionally based creative performing arts practitioners to develop their artistic vision, and technical skills and working practices.
Creative practitioners based in Dumfries & Galloway and working in the following disciplines – theatre, music, dance, film, spoken word and comedy – can apply for SfA seed funding to begin the development of new projects, and/or to develop new relevant skills, or to hone existing expertise.
They are interested in applications which describe clearly how a period of focused time-limited research and exploration would enable you to begin to realise a brilliant creative idea, or how developing new technical understanding and confidence would help you to advance your performing arts career further.
You may want to work with a dramaturg or writer, or a musician or choreographer; you may want to attend a summer school or training course; you may wish to shadow a fellow practitioner whose methods and output you have always admired – this fund exists to provide support for specific, defined stages of your creative journey.
In addition, if a successful applicant requests it, they also offer informal bespoke mentorship and wellbeing support, as well as tickets to attend events our organisation presents.
SfA will support the following costs:
- Fees for your time and that of your collaborators (All personnel involved in your application, including yourself, should be remunerated at the least at minimum ITC/Equity/Musicians Union, or other relevant trade bodies’ rates)
- Relevant technical costs
- Rehearsal venue, studio or equipment hire
- Masterclass, training and/or workshop fees
- Relevant travel, accommodation and per diem expenditure.
What they do not fund:
- Costs which in any way relate to the latter developmental stages of a full production
- A practitioner’s or organisation’s ongoing running costs
- Submissions which form part of a larger application to any of Creative -Scotland’s funding schemes.
How to Apply
They will award a total of £6000 for 2023-2024. You can apply for any amount, up to a maximum of £3000. To apply, you must complete the application form which you will find on their website, as well as the accompanying confidential anonymised equalities and diversity monitoring form. Please send your application as a PDF.
For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, call 01387 259 62, or visit https://dgartsfestival.org.uk/arts-live/support-for-ambition-creative-practitioners/