East Ayrshire Leisure Trust seek a passionate and friendly Musical Director to join the team delivering their Youth Theatre. Paid at £20 per hour.
East Ayrshire Youth Theatre are currently searching for a Musical Director for 2023/2024. Applicants must be available every Wednesday from 4pm-9pm for our classes located in Kilmarnock’s Palace Theatre. They’re looking for a bright energetic person with a passion for Musical Theatre and teaching young people. To join the EAYT Team, you must be dynamic and able to collaborate well with the Director/Assistant Director and the young people.
The ethos of EAYT is that of a professional theatre company which is driven by creative excellence and widening access to the performing arts. A place where young people feel comfortable and learn through positive experiences. Their performances allow them the chance to showcase the talent of EAYT’s students who explore and create through their weekly theatre sessions.
• Provide guidance to the performers on vocal techniques through warm ups, pronunciation skills, rhythm and other relevant aspects according to the content of the performance
• Must have excellent piano skills
• Work with the Director and complete the overall repertoire content for each student (performer) according to their own performance content and skill level;
• Conduct and source a five piece band for the June Musical
• Degree or higher qualification in music.
• Having one year + of Musical Directing experience of large-scale performances & musicals
• Having one year + previous experience in teaching and working with young people
• PVG checked
• Comfortable with creating tracks or editing pieces of music when required
To apply please send your CV including two references to alexis.mccluskey@eastayrshireleisure
To find our more about the Youth Theatre visit
For further information, please contact email@example.com or call 07999 317589.