The Fringe Society is looking for a Scotland-based artist to deliver a 16-week, co-creative project with an Edinburgh ASN (Additional Support Needs) school between February – May 2024.
They are offering Scotland-based Fringe artists the opportunity to run a creative project with local children and young people from an Edinburgh ASN school.
This role is open to artists and facilitators who wish to develop experience working with children and young people with profound and multiple learning disabilities. A basic level of experience in ASN settings is required, but you will be supported by an experienced mentor to learn more about working in these environments.
What will be expected of you:
– You will attend a launch session with mentor.
– You will meet with a member of staff from the school to get a sense of the needs and levels of their children or young people, and plan your session delivery based on these needs.
– You will prepare and deliver 16 weekly sessions (between 60-90 minutes per session) February and May 2024
– You will be supported by an assistant in each session as well as staff from the school who know the students well.
– They’ll discuss any access requirements you might have
– You’ll deliver any sessions with the school in person.
– You’ll be working with eight students aged 15-18.
– The end of your project should culminate in a final performance at the school, to an invited audience. The details of how the young people will participate in this performance should be decided between you, the pupils and school staff during planning.
They’re aiming for this to be as co-creative and collaborative as possible, so the content, themes and ideas used in your creative process should stem from those of the young people. These should arise within a structured format that will be developed after and throughout meeting the pupils involved and staff feedback.
– You will attend four one-to-one support sessions with the mentor (a combination of online sessions and in person)
– You will attend a reflection and feedback session with the school and your mentor online and contribute to the project evaluation and documentation.
For person specification, information about the school and details of how to apply, please see https://www.edfringe.com/learn/news-and-events/fringe-in-schools-2024-artist-call-out
For further information, please contact email@example.com, call 0131 226 0033 or visit https://www.edfringe.com/learn/news-and-events/fringe-in-schools-2024-artist-call-out