Edinburgh Youth Theatre are seeking a passionate and experienced facilitator to join their team and lead a high energy weekly drama class for 8-9 year olds.
If you are creative, enthusiastic, and have a strong understanding of drama in a youth theatre setting, working with a wide range of children including those who are neurodivergent, disabled and learning disabled, they want to hear from you.
– Develop a tailored drama curriculum that caters to the unique needs and abilities of children while fostering creativity and self-confidence.
– Create a safe and inclusive environment where every child feels valued and can participate actively in drama activities.
– Implement effective strategies to manage high-energy behaviour and maintain a structured and positive class atmosphere.
– Adapt teaching methods and provide individualised support to accommodate the diverse learning styles of a neurodiverse youth theatre class.
– Maintain open and effective communication with EYT drama assistants and management to provide updates on children’s progress and any concerns.
– Bachelor’s degree in drama, education, or a related field.
– Previous experience working with children who are neurodivergent.
– Strong understanding of child development.
– Excellent communication skills.
– Creative and adaptable teaching techniques.
– Certification in first aid (or willingness to obtain).
– Ability to electronically take class registers and sign in/out of EYT shifts.
– Freelance contract, 1.5 hours per week, 1pm – 2.30pm on Friday afternoons during term time
– Hourly rate of £28.50
– Location: Bellfield, 16b Bellfield Street, Edinburgh EH15 2BP
– Start date: 6 October 2023
– Duration: Four week trial, thereafter ongoing, with the potential for long-term engagement and more hours.
How to Apply
If you are enthusiastic about making a difference in the lives of children through drama, please submit the following to email@example.com:
– Your CV.
– A cover letter outlining your relevant experience and why you are passionate about this opportunity.
– An example 1.5 hour lesson plan fitting a neurodiverse group of 18 eight/nine year olds.
– Contact information for at least two professional references.