Apply for seed funding for new creative, training or research projects in the fields of visual theatre, animated film or puppetry.
Since 2005, Puppet Animation Scotland’s Creative Fund has supported Scotland-based puppeteers, animators and visual theatre practitioners seeking to explore and research new creative ideas or hone skills.
The Creative Fund supports professional artists based in Scotland with seed funding of up to £6000 for new creative projects in the fields of puppetry, visual theatre or animated film. Projects can be focused in any of the following three areas (or a combination of these):
– Creative project development
– Skills and training
– Research into new methodologies or ways of working
In addition to the funding, artists will be supported by Puppet Animation Scotland over the course of a year with informal mentorship, tickets to attend work and wellbeing support. They will ask applicants to tell us why now the right time in their career is to access this mentorship and development support from them specifically. This might reflect a step forward in an emerging artist’s career or a step change for an established practitioner.
WHO CAN APPLY
– Professional artists over the age of 18 at any stage in their career.
– Artists who are at a moment of development or progression in their practice such that they would benefit from mentorship and support from Puppet Animation Scotland.
– Artists they have never met before, as well as those who we have supported in the past, including through Creative Fund.
– Artists whose primary practice is in a discipline that is not included in the list of supported artforms, provided that the project is in one of these artistic areas. If this applies to you, they strongly encourage that you include a named collaborator or mentor with experience in these fields, unless you are applying for funding for a training project.
For full guidelines, examples of previous successful applications, terms and conditions, and to apply, please visit https://puppetanimation.org/artists/develop-create/
Applications in British Sign Language are welcome; please see BSL guidelines here: https://vimeo.com/813131
For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit https://puppetanimation.org/artists/develop-create/