Manipulate Festival is looking for new, fresh, curious and early stage works in process for their Snapshots scratch night event in early February 2024. For a BSL interpreted call out please see their website.
SNAPSHOTS aims to offer an open, welcoming, and supportive atmosphere, excited by artists taking risks and/or simply trying out new ideas. If you don’t have a piece to perform, please do come along with curiosity and encouragement to witness peers, pals, new artists and artists new to you and the exciting beginnings of new work.
The work can be based in circus, puppetry, visual theatre, dance or a combination of the different artforms Puppet Animation Scotland supports. This opportunity is open to artists at any stage of experience. They very much welcome those who have not worked with Puppet Animation Scotland or Manipulate Festival before. You must be based in Scotland to apply.
You should have availability for Tue 6 February 2024, the provisional performance date.
Manipulate festival will offer the artists involved:
• A fee of £200 (per performance).
• A spot to perform a 10-15 minute piece at the Snaphots event. Date is provisionally 6th of February 2024 and venue to be confirmed.
• A 1-hour technical rehearsal on the day.
• A venue technician, working across the event.
• A short technical workshop, in person or provided online, between October and December 2023 which will provide an opportunity to see what technical possibilities will be available for the sharing with regards to staging, space, lights, sound, etc.
• Support in how to provide your technical requirements.
• Support in how to provide suitable marketing and copy.
• We will gather feedback from the audience on the night and work with you to develop the types of questions you might want to ask at this stage of the work.
• One rigging point is available for aerial works.
They have tried to make the application process quick and easy. You can apply in written or spoken English or in British Sign Language, either by written email or by sending a short video or audio file.
Please see puppetanimation.org/about/jobs-opportunities for full details on how to apply or for more information. They will respond to all applicants with a decision by mid-October 2023.
For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org (Aidan Nicol) or visit https://puppetanimation.org/about/jobs-opportunities/