A paid internship for recently qualified theatre artists who are interested in developing a career in Youth Theatre.
As part of the Royal Lyceum Theatre Company’s commitment to developing talent, they are offering a paid internship for recently qualified theatre artists who are interested in developing a career in Youth Theatre and gaining experience as part of a larger Creative Learning programme.
To provide an opportunity for a suitably qualified person to develop a strong participatory arts practice, through a combination of delivery, reflective practice, mentoring, observation and professional training.
This will be achieved through:
• Assisting with the delivery of Lyceum Youth Theatre sessions, holiday workshops and workshops for schools and community engagement projects;
• Working alongside established theatre practitioners to plan and deliver drama workshops;
• Supporting the administration of programmes of workshops, youth theatre, and liaison with parents/carers;
• Opportunities to be an assistant director/ director for LYT productions (dependent on availability);
• Practical and legislative professional training eg child protection, risk assessments, First Aid
Terms and conditions:
This is a part-time, temporary position qith the Lyceum Youth Theatre.
22 hours per week over 4 days for the period August 2023 – July 2024
Wednesday 2 – 9pm, Thursday 2-9pm, Friday 1-5pm, 10am – 5pm Saturday
Wage: £19,838 pro rata
Due to the nature of the role evening and weekend work will be required.
For further information, please contact Showell@lyceum.org.uk (Sophie Howell), or visit https://lyceum.org.uk/work-with-us/vacancy/lyceum-youth-theatre-intern-part-time